Regent Institute for Higher Studies
Regent Institute for Higher Studies (RIHS) established in 2001, is the Higher Education arm of “Regent International College” in Gampaha which offers academic programmes in the fields of Management, Information Technology and Vocational Studies. It has shaped successful careers of students for over 15 years, building professionals with appropriate qualifications through internationally accredited programmes to ensure students are prepared to take on and overcome any challenge life has to throw at them.
" To be the premier institute for higher education in Sri Lanka developing human resources
to meet global needs in the areas of business management,
information technology, languages & vocational studies. "
" To build up professionals with appropriate qualifications by implementing internationally
accredited programs coupled with structured service training programs
to face challenges occurring in their careers "
Board of Directors
- Chairman – Mr. Nelson Gunasekera
FCA (England & Wales)
- Managing Director – Mr. Anura Gunasekera
BA(Hons), Manchester, MBA (Ohio)
- Executive Director – Mr. Saman Gunasekera
- Director – Mr. Udaya Gunasekera
Ind, Eng, UK
Educational Consultant- Dr. Frank Jayasinghe
- Dr. Frank Jayasinghe is the senior most educationist and the pioneer International School Administrator in Sri Lanka. He was the Principal of St. Thomas' College, Guruthalawa, and the Sub- warden at St. Thomas' College, Mount Lavinia, from 1963-1971. He was the Principal/Director of the American School in Kodikanal in India from 1972-1984. On his return, he started Wycherley International School in 1985. Dr. Jayasinghe is the Founder President of The International Schools in Sri Lanka (TISSL), Chairman of the National Committee of the United Worlds College; Founder-member of the International Baccalureate in Geneva.
Managing Director - Mr. Anura Gunasekera
- Holds a BA(Hons) degree (1976) University of Manchester, UK, MBA degree (1978) Ohio State University, USA.
- Posses over 20 years experience in the financial services and manufacturing industries, working in USA, UK, Australia, United Arab Emirates and Sri Lanka.
- He was the Founder /Director/CEO of Nations Trust Bank Ltd. from 1999 to 2002 which was a joint venture between John Keels Group, The Central Finance Company and the World Bank (IFC). The concept of Super Market Banking and the launch of the "Nexus" loyalty card program in Sri Lanka were projects of pioneering nature. During this period he also served as the Director of Sri Lanka Bankers Association, Sri Lanka Arbitration Bureau and Sri Lanka Credit Information Bureau.
- He has also held various Country Management and Senior General Management positions at Overseas Trust Bank Ltd, Hong Kong, National Bank of UMM Al-Quiwain Ltd, United Arab Emirates, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Australia and Bank of America NT&SA, USA, Between 1981-1999
- Senior Manager Special Projects / Manager Investment Appraisal of Greater Economic Commission, now (BOI) Sri Lanka. Member of the pioneering team which set up Free Trade Zones in Sri Lanka 1978-1981.