“To be the premier institute for higher education in Sri Lanka developing human resources to meet global needs in the areas of business, education, languages & vocational studies”.
We strive to build up globally recognized professionals by :
> Providing internationally accredited programs
> Lecture guidance by qualified and experienced academia.
> Structured training programs and work placement.
Regent Institute for Higher Studies (RIHS) is the higher education arm of Regent International College (RIC) and has been in the Gampaha education sector for a celebrated 16 years as of 2017. Below are few of the key highlights of the school and institute.
Historical highlights of the school and institute
1) RIC first fully fledged English medium International school of Gampaha established in 2001.
2) RIC admitted into the prestigious 'The International Schools of Sri Lanka Association' (TISSL) which comprises of the top 25 International schools of Sri Lanka.
3) In order provide students in Gampaha globally accredited higher education programs RIHS was established in 2004.
4) In 2015 Regent Management Co. Ltd the holding company of both RIHS and RIC became the only educational conglomerate to obtain the prestigious ISO 9001:2015 certification. This certificate ensures that all programs and procedures of the company and it subordinates conform to the quality standards set by Sri Lanka Standards Institution (SLSI).
5) In 2016 with the supreme motto of 'Knowledge to Conquer' Regent celebrated its 15th year in Gampaha.
Board of Directors
- Chairman – Mr. Nelson Gunasekera
FCA (England & Wales)
- Managing Director – Mr. Anura Gunasekera
BA(Hons), Manchester, MBA (Ohio)
- Executive Director – Mr. Saman Gunasekera
- Director – Mr. Udaya Gunasekera
Ind, Eng, UK
Mr. Anura Gunasekera
Holds a BA(Hons) degree (1976) University of Manchester, UK, MBA degree (1978) Ohio State University, USA and possess over 20 years’ experience in the financial services and manufacturing industries, working in USA, UK, Australia, United Arab Emirates and Sri Lanka. He was the Founder /Director/CEO of Nations Trust Bank Ltd. from 1999 to 2002.
The concept of Supermarket Banking and the launch of the "Nexus" loyalty card program in Sri Lanka were projects of pioneering nature done under Mr. Anura Gunasekera. During this period he also served as the Director of Sri Lanka Bankers Association, Sri Lanka Arbitration Bureau and Sri Lanka Credit Information Bureau.
He has also held various Country Management and Senior General Management positions at Overseas Trust Bank Ltd, Hong Kong, National Bank of UMM Al-Quwain Ltd, United Arab Emirates, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Australia and Bank of America NT&SA, USA, between 1981-1999. He was also the senior Manager Special Projects / Manager Investment Appraisal of Greater Economic Commission, now (BOI) Sri Lanka. Member of the pioneering team which set up Free Trade Zones in Sri Lanka 1978-1981.
Dr. Frank Jayasinghe
Dr. Frank Jayasinghe is the senior most educationist and the pioneer International School Administrator in Sri Lanka. He was the Principal of St. Thomas' College, Guruthalawa, and the Sub- warden at St. Thomas' College, Mount Lavinia, from 1963-1971. He was the Principal/Director of the American School in Kodikanal in India from 1972-1984. On his return, he started Wycherley International School in 1985. Dr. Jayasinghe is the Founder President of The International Schools in Sri Lanka (TISSL), Chairman of the National Committee of the United Worlds College; Founder-member of the International Baccalaureate in Geneva.